A delightful dessert is never far off when you have this layered ice cream pie in the freezer. For variety, I sometimes use strawberry pie filling and a chocolate crust. —Angie Helms, Pontotoc, Mississippi
Featured In: 14 Black Forest Recipes
- 1 pint chocolate or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, chilled
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Spoon ice cream into pie crust; cover and freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for garnish.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over ice cream. Using the back of a spoon, make an 8-in.-diameter well in the center of the pie for pie filling (do not add filling). Pipe reserved cream cheese mixture around pie.
- Cover and freeze 3-4 hours or until firm. May be frozen up to 2 months. Just before serving, spoon pie filling into the well; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Black Forest Freezer Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p62
Reviews for Black Forest Freezer Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review