Black Forest Freezer Pie Recipe
A delightful dessert is never far off when you have this layered ice cream pie in the freezer. For variety, Angie Helms of Pontotoc, Mississippi uses strawberry pie filling and a chocolate crust.
- 1 pint chocolate or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, chilled
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Spoon ice cream into pie crust; cover and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for garnish.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over ice cream. Using the back of a spoon, make an 8-in. diameter well in the center of the pie for the pie filling. Pipe reserved cream cheese mixture around pie.
- Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Just before serving, spoon pie filling into the well; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Black Forest Freezer Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p62
Reviews for Black Forest Freezer Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 13, 2009
I often have frozen desserts in my freezer when it comes time to have dessert auctions at our church. This one will go on my list. Thanks
More Recipe Collections
- Black Forest Cake >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >