Black Forest Dream Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling; cover and chill.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk a small amount of pudding into melted chocolate. Return all to the pudding, whisking constantly. Pour over cherry filling. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- 4. Just before serving, spread remaining whipped topping over dessert. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 540 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Black Forest Dream Dessert
"I made this recipe for friends yesterday and we all just loved it. I will make it again, however, I will not use the morsels. I will just use chocolate pudding because I found after mixing in the chocolate, the pudding was not firm even after being in the fridge all day. It was a little "runny" if that is the word to use. Still delicious though."
"This is a terrific dessert! Used instant white chocolate pudding instead of vanilla. The nice thing is you can make it a day ahead. All of our friends said it's a "keeper"!"
"Absolutely love it!! Even my husband's grandpa who doesn't like pudding took leftovers!!"
"This was DELICIOUS!"