Black Forest Dream Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling; cover and chill.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk a small amount of pudding into melted chocolate. Return all to the pudding, whisking constantly. Pour over cherry filling. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, spread remaining whipped topping over dessert. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Black Forest Dream Dessert(4)
Sort By :
This is a terrific dessert! Used instant white chocolate pudding instead of vanilla. The nice thing is you can make it a day ahead. All of our friends said it's a "keeper"!
Absolutely love it!! Even my husband's grandpa who doesn't like pudding took leftovers!!
This was DELICIOUS!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Black Forest Cake >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >