Black Forest Dessert Cake Recipe
“The cake is a traditional German dessert. When my daughter went to Germany on a backpacking trip, she said the streets were lined with pastry shops.” —Patricia Rutherford, Winchester, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Spread pie filling over cake; top with cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice equals 349 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC