“The cake is a traditional German dessert. When my daughter went to Germany on a backpacking trip, she said the streets were lined with pastry shops.” —Patricia Rutherford, Winchester, Illinois
- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Spread pie filling over cake; top with cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Black Forest Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p45
Reviews for Black Forest Dessert Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review