- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Spread pie filling over cake; top with cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Black Forest Dessert Cake
Sort By :
"I don't often use cake mixes, but I needed an easy quick dessert using ingredients I had on hand. I am glad I chose this cake. Myy husband rated it very good. March 28th is National Black Forest Cake Day"
"I have made this numerous times and it always turns out delicious! Very simple to make too. Sometimes I make a lighter version using lite whipped topping and light cherry pie filling. Can't go wrong with this recipe."
"I couldn't find 9oz of chocolate cake mix so I was unsure of whether to use the one cup of water still or not, so I followed the box directions for an 18.5oz box. Besides it taking forever to bake this in a springform pan, this cake just doesn't taste homemade. Very disappointed."
"Loved this recipe. Turned out excellent and was very easy to make."
"Very easy, very delicious. Made a beautiful cake for my daughter and mother-in-law's birthdays."