- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Spread pie filling over cake; top with cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Black Forest Dessert Cake
Sort By :
I don't often use cake mixes, but I needed an easy quick dessert using ingredients I had on hand. I am glad I chose this cake. Myy husband rated it very good. March 28th is National Black Forest Cake Day
I have made this numerous times and it always turns out delicious! Very simple to make too. Sometimes I make a lighter version using lite whipped topping and light cherry pie filling. Can't go wrong with this recipe.
I couldn't find 9oz of chocolate cake mix so I was unsure of whether to use the one cup of water still or not, so I followed the box directions for an 18.5oz box. Besides it taking forever to bake this in a springform pan, this cake just doesn't taste homemade. Very disappointed.
Loved this recipe. Turned out excellent and was very easy to make.
Very easy, very delicious. Made a beautiful cake for my daughter and mother-in-law's birthdays.