Black Forest Crepes Recipe
These fancy-looking crepes are a sweet ending to a special-occasion meal. Lisa Tanner of Warner Robins, Georgia fills them with cherry pie filling and tops them with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and a sprinkling of baking cocoa.
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and butter. Combine the flour, sugar and baking cocoa; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa. Whisk in milk; add butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 4. Spoon a heaping tablespoon pie filling down the center of each crepe. Fold sides of crepe over filling; place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to serving plates; drizzle with warm chocolate sauce. Yield: 10 servings (20 crepes).
2 each: 321 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Black Forest Crepes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC