- In another large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until
- well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted
- tube pan; spread with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice cake; serve with pie filling. Garnish with whipped topping and
- chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 539 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.