- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Whipped topping and chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in extracts and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan; spread with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice cake; serve with pie filling. Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Forest Cream Cheese Cake
Sort By :
"I read the first review and was a little hesitant to try this cake, but my years of baking and cooking told me this had to be good. The only changes I made was I used 1 1/2 cups sour cream. The recipe I used was in a Taste of Home Book called for buttermilk or sour cream. Was out of buttermilk but I had the sour cream, and I know very well how good sour cream will make a cake. Did up the amount of salt in the chocolate cake to 1/2 tsp. Not only did this cake make a beautiful presentation but the taste was superb. Love it love it.--Golddusty"
"Made this cake because the picture made it look so good. Unfortunately it wasn't. I will say that it is indeed a pretty cake especially when cut into servings. The chocolate part of the cake lacked flavor despite my using quality ingredients. It didn't even taste like chocolate cake. The cream cheese filling also lacked flavor. The texture was nasty like cold scrambled egg whites. Definitely not a keeper in my house. Will not make this again wasting costly ingredients.