Black Forest Chocolate Torte Recipe
If you're thinking about pulling out all the stops for a dessert that says "wow," look no further. This cherry-crowned beauty stacked with layers of chocolate cake and cream filling will have everyone talking. —Doris Grotz, York, Nebraska
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- CHOCOLATE FILLING:
- 6 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- CREAM FILLING:
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 3 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water just until blended.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with chocolate mixture beating well after each addition.
- 3. Pour into four greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For chocolate filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in butter until smooth. Add almonds.
- 5. For cream filling, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- 6. To assemble, place one cake on a serving platter; spread with a fourth of the chocolate filling and a fourth of the cream filling. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cake and chocolate filling.
- 7. Place 1-1/2 cups of the remaining cream filling in a pastry bag with a large star pastry tip. Pipe around edge of cake. Fill center with cherry pie filling. Spread remaining cream filling over sides of cake; press almonds into sides. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 654 calories, 48 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Black Forest Chocolate Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC