Black Forest Cheesecakes
As sure as chocolate and cherries go together, so do my family's yuletides and these no-fuss cheesecakes.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 to 1 cup whipped topping
- Remove cookie top from each sandwich cookie; crush and set aside.
- Place cream-topped cookies in foil-lined muffin cups, cream side up.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cocoa and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs until blended. Fill muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup reserved cookie crumbs over top (discard remaining
- crumbs or save for another use). Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes
- or until set. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2
- hours. Just before serving, top each cheesecake with about 2
- tablespoons of pie filling. Top with a dollop of whipped topping.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.