As sure as chocolate and cherries go together, so do my family's yuletides and these no-fuss cheesecakes.
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 to 1 cup whipped topping
- Remove cookie top from each sandwich cookie; crush and set aside. Place cream-topped cookies in foil-lined muffin cups, cream side up. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cocoa and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in eggs until blended. Fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle 1/4 cup reserved cookie crumbs over top (discard remaining crumbs or save for another use). Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, top each cheesecake with about 2 tablespoons of pie filling. Top with a dollop of whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Black Forest Cheesecakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p43
Reviews for Black Forest Cheesecakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review