Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe
I'm asked to take this popular cheesecake to every gathering. I created the recipe about 10 years ago and my family has been asking for it ever since. In fact, when I was ill at Thanksgiving one year, my sister even made it for my family to enjoy. —Christine Ooyen, Winnebago, Illinois
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture evenly into crust. Fold cocoa and confectioners' sugar into remaining whipped topping mixture; carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Cut into slices; top each slice with cherry pie filling. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 469 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC