Black Forest Cheesecake
"I’m asked to take this popular cheesecake to every gathering," explains Christine Ooyen. "I created the recipe about 10 years ago and my family has been asking for it ever since. In fact, when I was ill at Thanksgiving last year, my sister even made it for my family to enjoy," the Winnebago, Illinois cook shares.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- sour cream and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the
- mixture evenly into crust. Fold cocoa and confectioners' sugar into
- remaining whipped topping mixture; carefully spread over cream
- cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into slices; top each slice with cherry pie filling. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 469 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.