Black Forest Cannoli Parfaits Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 20 chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving liquid in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1/3 cup; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in reserved cherry juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cherries and lemon juice. Cool.
- 3. Place the ricotta, cream cheese and sugar in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add the syrup, lemon juice and vanilla; process until combined. Gently fold in whipped topping and chocolate chips.
- 4. Place 1 tablespoon crushed wafers in each of eight parfait glasses. Top with 1/3 cup cheese mixture and a heaping tablespoonful of cherry sauce. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 parfait equals 300 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Black Forest Cannoli Parfaits
"I think I would leave the Ricotta &Cream Cheese Out.Not a big fan of those things.Make it with cut up Chocolate Cake and Cherry Pie Filling."
"For JOYSANS. You can make it in a full fat version by simply buying the ricotta, cream cheese and whipped topping that does not state "reduced fat or fat-free". You can check the fat content on the label to compare."
"JOYSANS just use full fat ingredients where it says fat free or reduced fat, that simple"
"To make it full fat just don't use fat free or low fat items.Its just that easy to change it to full fat version. "
"Would definitely make this again, but would eliminate the Fat Free and reduced fat ingredients, far tastier without them."
"Please!!!! Can someone tell me how to make the FAT FULL version of this??"
"it's so special , sublime flavor"
"I LOVED THIS! It was so different than the normal desserts I make.I changed the recipe a bit though, using all fat free ingredients, and Stevia instead of sugar. I also swapped out the cherries for fresh raspberries with the lemon juice.It took me probably 15 minutes to do this whole recipe, and i put it in the freezer for an hour before I ate it, frosty delicious LIGHT treat! :)"