Black Forest Brownies Recipe
Although I enjoy sweets, other recipes have failed me (I'm a beginning baker). But not this one! It's easy, and the ingredients are always on hand. Even my boyfriend, who doesn't like most sweets, can't pass these brownies.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; stir in cocoa until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in extracts and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in cherries and nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- 3. Meanwhile, for icing, in a large bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth; spread over hot brownies. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Black Forest Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC