Here's a regional favorite I grew to love after moving to the South. You'll never want black-eyed peas from a can again! Serve the dish as a side with grilled chicken...or make it your main course and round out the meal with greens and corn bread. —Tammie Merrill, Wake Forest, NC
Recommended: 23 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried black-eyed peas
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- Rinse and sort black-eyed peas; soak according to package directions. Drain and rinse peas, discarding liquid. Transfer peas to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until peas are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Peas with Ham in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p85
Reviews for Black-Eyed Peas with Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review