Black-Eyed Peas Skillet Dinner
This recipe is a "lifesaver" when you need a meal in a hurry, which I discovered when our two boys were young and I was working outside the home. It also reheats well.—Judy Wiles, Burlington, North Carolina
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat
- until beef is browned; drain fat. Add peas, tomatoes, salt and
- pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes,
- stirring often. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.