- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until beef is browned; drain fat. Add peas, tomatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Peas Skillet Dinner
Sort By :
Very good, protein packed meal! I also added in about a half cup of garden pasta sauce for flavor, and did away with the salt.
We used cous cous instead of the beef because that's what we had in our pantry then added celery and garlic. Pretty good.
I tried the Rotel version and it's awesome - the ultimate comfort food!
I omitted the green pepper and substituted the tomatoes for a can of rotel. It gave the skillet a little kick.