Black-Eyed Peas Salad Recipe
This hearty salad tastes extra-special if the flavors are allowed to blend overnight. But once my family knows I'm making their most-requested dish, it disappears quickly!
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white or yellow corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the chicken in a large bowl; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 390 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 831mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Peas Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC