Black-Eyed Pea Soup Recipe
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in black-eyed peas and bacon; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Soup(1)
Sort By :
This really should be called SPICY Black-Eyed Pea soup, because the addition of Rotel tomatoes and chilies give it a kick in taste. If you prefer a non spicy soup, skip the Rotel and add a can of regular diced tomatoes and 8 slices of bacon or more. It will be on the bland side, but the bacon taste gives it some taste without the kick. This recipe certainly was fast and easy to make.