Black-Eyed Pea Salsa Recipe
Colorful tomatoes, green pepper and red onion contrast nicely with black-eyed peas. —Lynn McAllister, Mt. Ulla, North Carolina
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the salad dressing, sour cream and parsley. Add to the pea mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 73 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC