Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
"Whenever there's a family gathering, my sister-in-law brings this zesty bean dip, and it's a big hit," report Pamela Smith of Flushing, New York. "Since it keeps well in the refrigerator, it's great to have on hand for unexpected guests."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1-1/3 cups mild salsa
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Serve with
- tortilla chips.
- Yield: 6 cups.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.