- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the salad dressing, sour cream and parsley. Add to the pea mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Sort By :
Easy to prepare. This was the first time I had ever eaten blackeyed peas. I really liked them in this recipe. We had it with the Cajun catfish for our mardi gras dinner. Everyone liked it.
Although this is supposed to be a Mardi Gras dish, I actually made this at New Year's! It was spicingly wonderful!
Super easy and tasty.
My family loves black-eyed peas but we got tired of just having them alone as a side. This salsa was a great way to get out of our black-eyed pea funk. This recipe is super easy to adjust to your family's tastes. You can add ingredients or take ingredients out (take out tomato add avocado etc.) and it still is great. Love recipes that are a great base and then you can create your own fun flavor with them.
This was a huge hit at our Mardi Gras party last year and since then it has been our number one request for pot lucks and movie nights. It's best if made the day before so the flavors soak in, but if made the same day, try to do so several hours prior to eating and store in the fridge. Enjoy!