"A can of black-eyed peas is the main ingredient in this side dish that comes together fast," says Carol Forcum of Marion, Illinois. "It tastes and looks fresh, thanks to the peppers, onions, tomato and celery."
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p42
Reviews for Black-Eyed-Pea Salad with Ranch Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review