Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Avocado and Jalapeno Recipe
“I've had a lot of compliments and requests for this recipe over the years. My husband loves it, and it's especially great on hot days. The salad dressing keeps the avocado from turning dark, even if you have leftovers-which doesn't happen often!” A fun alternative to pasta or potato salad. —Nancy Cariker, Bakersfield, California
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large serving bowl, combine all the ingredients; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 237 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 562 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Avocado and Jalapeno
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC