- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large serving bowl, combine all the ingredients; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Avocado and Jalapeno
"The flavors work together nicely"
"I have taken this to the last two reunions we've had. I doubled the recipe and still didn't come home with any."
"Made this as a side with some chicken Enchiladas and the family devoured it all!!"
"Made this for a party - everyone loved it!"
"My family loves this recipe. We eat it with chips like a salsa!"
"Excellent! We aren't big on black-eyed peas, so I substituted black beans. I also added celery, mined garlic and kidney beans."
"My family loves this. Great flavor for a summer salad."