Black-Eyed Pea Salad
“This is my little spin on plain, boiled black-eyed peas,” writes Susan Hinton from Morrisville, North Carolina. “I like to 'eat the rainbow,' so I add color with yellow corn, purplish onion and bright red tomatoes.”
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 cup frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. In a salad bowl,
- combine the peas, corn and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and
- pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve warm or
- chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 205 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein.