- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook the black-eyed peas according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Stir in the peas, onions, celery, yellow pepper, carrots and mint.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Top with tomatoes and bacon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Salad(3)
Sort By :
I made this today but used dry beans instead of canned. It was very good and refreshing. I added a hot pepper in addition to the sweet one and really liked the flavor with the fresh mint.
I love cold bean salads, especially in the summer when it's too hot to cook...but, people are active and hungry!! This recipe is good, it's easy to fix (although i used dried black-eyed peas, after soaking them overnight)..it feeds a crowd..and, it contains Bacon!!!
I made this for our New Years Dinner for guests and it was a big hit. Had to make 2 extra copies. Very flavorful and easy to make. I will definitely make this again.