- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid; chop and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the artichokes, peas, cheese, peppers, onion and pepperoni. Drain pasta; add to artichoke mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and reserved artichoke liquid. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Pasta Salad
"this is so good and even better the next couple of days."
"I am also a vegetarian so I omitted the pepperoni. This salad is awesome!"
"I made this recipe this last summer. I really like it. I think it would be good anytime of year."
"My boyfriend and I are vegetarians and so we made this without the pepperoni and it was delicious. Very good, we also changed the pasta to the radiatore and it mades it alot easier to eat. I would also recommend cutting the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces"
"I use two 9oz jars marinated baby artichoke hearts and 1 can sliced black olives and 2 cups uncooked pasta. I also double the dressing so more can be added after sitting over night. Love this recipe, have made it many times."