Black-Eyed Pea Pasta Salad Recipe
Grilling out? You may want to serve this refreshing, make-ahead salad at the barbecue. A creamy Italian dressing enhances the chopped vegetables, cheese and pasta. —Joan Huggins, Waynesboro, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1. Drain artichokes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid; chop and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the artichokes, peas, cheese, peppers, onion and pepperoni. Drain pasta; add to artichoke mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and reserved artichoke liquid. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 339 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC