Grilling out? You may want to serve this refreshing, make-ahead salad at the barbecue. A creamy Italian dressing enhances the chopped vegetables, cheese and pasta. —Joan Huggins, Waynesboro, Mississippi
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid; chop and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the artichokes, peas, cheese, peppers, onion and pepperoni. Drain pasta; add to artichoke mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and reserved artichoke liquid. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea Pasta Salad in Country June/July 2009, p49
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review