Black-Eyed Pea Jambalaya Recipe
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen okra, thawed
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the peas, water, okra, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add sausage and tomatoes; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Jambalaya
"I prepared this recipe yesterday and it was a hands down winner. Hubby, who can take or leave black eyed peas, went back for seconds. I added onions, Creole seasoning, and garlic powder after reading some of the reviews. It was delicious. We will be having this again for sure. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"We really liked this. I added onions, because we really like the taste, and I also added a little Cajun seasoning. Yummy!"
"I was looking for a black-eyed pea recipe for New Year's good luck. I figured I'd try this and the kids would eat their one bite and be done. Instead, they asked me to make it again soon."
"I made this the other night and it was really good. I used Rotel (tomatoes with green chilies) instead of tomatoes. This will be on my favorite list."
"My husband and I really enjoy this meal. I always add chopped onion and sometimes use a spicier sausage. Makes good leftovers!"