Black-Eyed Pea and Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the kidney beans, black-eyed peas, black beans, celery, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegars, oil and salt. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 169 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea and Bean Salad
"Quick, easy, delicious and healthy. Makes for a perfect little lunch."