"I was trying to use up some ingredients I had in our pantry one day and threw this bean salad together," related Marilyn Gonsman of Blairsville, Georgia. "I served it the next night with chicken, and everyone enjoyed it."
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the kidney beans, black-eyed peas, black beans, celery, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegars, oil and salt. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea and Bean Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p45
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea and Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review