"I was trying to use up some ingredients I had in our pantry one day and threw this bean salad together," related Marilyn Gonsman of Blairsville, Georgia. "I served it the next night with chicken, and everyone enjoyed it."
Recommended: Genius Foods to Pack for Your Next Plane Ride
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the kidney beans, black-eyed peas, black beans, celery, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegars, oil and salt. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea and Bean Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p45
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea and Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review