Black Cherry Swirl Fudge
This colorful treat is sure to satisfy the sweetest tooth in any family! It's always been a favorite with my nine kids, eight grandkids and my Bible study group. I even vary the soft-drink flavors to match other holidays during the year.
96 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 envelopes unsweetened black cherry soft drink mix
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2
- teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar,
- cream and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
- stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla chips and marshmallow creme.
- Pour 1 cup into a bowl; set aside. Stir black cherry drink mix into
- the remaining marshmallow mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Spoon
- reserved marshmallow mixture over top; cut through mixture with a
- knife to swirl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of
- pan. Discard foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight
- container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 square) equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.