Black Cherry Swirl Fudge Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 envelopes unsweetened black cherry soft drink mix
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla chips and marshmallow creme. Pour 1 cup into a bowl; set aside. Stir black cherry drink mix into the remaining marshmallow mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Spoon reserved marshmallow mixture over top; cut through mixture with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 pounds.
1 serving (1 square) equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Black Cherry Swirl Fudge
"My family and friends loved this fudge just the way it was written. I haven't tried it with the other drink mix flavors, but agree it would be a great idea."
"This recipe combines just the right amount of sweet with just a little tart. You can also use different flavors of the unsweetened soft drink mix if you would like, ie: Lime, grape, orange etc. This was a BIG hit with not only family, but my co-workers too."
"This is very, very sweet like everyone else has expressed. Mine turned out, but it seemed alittle harder in texture than normal fudge.....any suggestions on how to get it alittle creamier??"
"Do not use 2 envelopes of unsweetened black cherry soft drink mix!! Way to strong! I'm going to try again and use 1. The taste is good but way to powerful with 2 envelopes."
"why not use cherry chips instead. I got some green chips (mint) to make fudge withbut Iliked this recipe best okay I also used mini-marshmellows amount instead of the creme. Well any recipe that is hot you can exchange mini-marshmellows in and save a bundle. I use it becouse when I use creme I get it all over everything,messy I am. KC"
"I have also tried this recipe with other flavors of drink mix - great recipe!"
"The first taste tester said "it tastes like play doh" I do not think that is a fair definintion of what it tastes like though. This is bounce off the walls sweet, I think if it was made with half the sugar it would be good. I used the black cherry kool aid and that part is not bad it is just too sweet to really eat more than a piece at a time. I have no idea what I am going to do with this much super sweet fudge and I generally love sweet items."
"My family loved this fudge. Everyone wanted the recipe!"
"Wow, I was so impressed with this recipe. Figured it would be so over-powering sweet but it wasn't. Can't wait to try the other flavors too! Thank you!!"
"I really liked it but I will half the amount of drink mix, I used a certain childrens drink."
"wow!!! I made this with orange koolaid packets instead & added vanilla extract! Just like a creamsiclle!!! Thanks!!"
"I could not find black cherry kool-aid so I used strawberry instead. Makes for a very pretty colored and flavored fudge. When you add the marshmallow creme and chocolate chips it starts to thicken. Work fast when you remove the 1 cup of white fudge as the cup cools rapidly. Quickly stir in the kool-aid and pour into your prepared pan, spreading it. I used a one cup dry measure to scoop the one cup out and set it in a smaller bowl. Spoon it out quickly and swirl as the one cup starts to set up and make it more difficult to do when you take "your time". (smiling) This recipe lends it's self to the many flavors of kool-aid though I do not know if all of them would taste good. I will make this again and would like to find the black raspberry flavor kool-aid. Oh, this is a very sweet fudge."
"Easy peasy and lovely to boot. I am planning a green peppermint swirl fudge to add to clear bags with my cherry fudge for a festive looking and yummy holiday gift! So, so easy!!!"
"Unsweetened koolaid in the little packets."
"I've never heard of black cherry soft drink mix. Are you talking about kool aid?"