"When making this yummy recipe with the kids, I use a sugar substitute and caffeine-free black cherry soda-for obvious reasons!" Emily Evans, Roselle, IL
- 4 cups fresh or frozen quartered pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries and sugar for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in soda, milk and chocolate chips. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Black Cherry Sherbet in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p19
Reviews for Black Cherry Sherbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review