Black Cherry Sherbet Recipe
"When making this yummy recipe with the kids, I use a sugar substitute and caffeine-free black cherry soda-for obvious reasons!" Emily Evans, Roselle, IL
- 4 cups fresh or frozen quartered pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries and sugar for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Stir in soda, milk and chocolate chips. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup equals 213 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC