Black Cherry Sherbet Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen quartered pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries and sugar for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in the soda, milk and chocolate chips. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 3 hours or until firm. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Black Cherry Sherbet(8)
Sort By :
I made this sherbet for my birthday. I liked it so much that the next I hardy consumed anything else. By the end of that day I had lost my fondness for the dessert.
I made this sherbet yesterday (followed the recipe to a "t") and my whole family was disappointed. :o( It looked amazing, but it didn't taste very good. It wasn't easy to make, so I too was disappointed with the lack-luster taste. I expected a little more "zing" of flavor...I think that it was muted by the condensed milk. ? Won't bother with this one again.
This was a very good sherbet. I served it to a group of ladies on our game day and everyone enjoyed it. We all felt it would have been better without the chocolate chips. The next time I make it, I will omit the semisweet chocolate chips, reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup and add another can of sweetened condensed milk.
Great sherbet! So easy to make and very delicious!
Made this over the 4th of July weekend and left out the chocolate chips. It was raved about by all ages 3 - 60+. I've been told it will need to be brought again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >