Black Cherry Cream Parfaits
"This dessert is light and cool but incredibly decadent-tasting," says Margaret Schmieder of Sparks, Nevada.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) black cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in soda;
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until partially set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Stir cherries and
- walnuts into gelatin; fold in whipped cream. Spoon into parfait
- glasses. Chill until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.