- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free cherry yogurt, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in 3/4 cup yogurt.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place remaining yogurt in a small bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Black Cherry Cake
Sort By :
"I love this cake! It works with any fruit yogurt and for added flavor I add frozen fruit to the batter. I have to I don't use fat free anything. Real whipped cream regular yogurt the whole nine yards. And because a never have cake mix on hand, I looked up the dry ingredients in a cake recipe and made sure to add the vanilla too. It works out awesome!"
"I have made this cake twice and this last time I wanted more of a cherry taste so in place of the water I added dark cherry soda and oh my what a pretty pink I got and more of a cherry taste love this cake."
"I've made this cake several times using the black cherry yogurt; last night I tried it with peach yogurt, and it was also a hit with the family. I used low-fat yogurt, as that is all that the grocery store had in stock, and regular frozen whipped topping. I plan on trying this with other yogurt flavors as well."
"Thanks to the previous suggestion, I used (3) 6 oz containers of black cherry yougurt, and added 1-1/2 containers to the cake mix and 1-1/2 containers to the frosting. The black cherry flavor was delicious! I received compliments from many on this yummy cake. -Lori in WI."
"This is one of the best summer dessert I have ever made, and so easy. For the person who said that the frosting did not turn out pink, I use 3 black cherry yogurts. I put 1 1/2 in cake batter and 1 1/2 in the cool whip. It adds a little more color and more of the black cherry flavor."