Black Cherry Cake
"A friend brought this pretty pink cake to work for a birthday party," notes Judy Lentz of Emmetsburg, Iowa. "You can use any flavor of yogurt, but so far, I don't know anyone who's tried any other than black cherry because it's so delicious."
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free cherry yogurt, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites and oil;
- beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold
- in 3/4 cup yogurt.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place remaining yogurt in a small bowl; fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 230 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.