Here's an easy recipe sure to impress party guests. The black cat cutouts that accompany the in-a-dash dip are prepared with convenient refrigerated pie pastry. —Diane Turner, Brunswick, Ohio
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Black paste food coloring
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the pumpkin, confectioners' sugar, pie spice and honey; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Roll out each pie pastry directly on an ungreased baking sheet to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cat-shaped cookie cutter, leaving at least 1 in. between cutouts. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired. Beat the egg, milk and food coloring; brush over cutouts. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cutouts.
- Bake at 400° for 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Serve with pumpkin dip. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen black cats(3 cups dip).
Originally published as Black Cat Dippers with Pumpkin Pie Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p241
Reviews for Black Cat Dippers with Pumpkin Pie Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review