Black Cat Dippers with Pumpkin Pie Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Black paste food coloring
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the pumpkin, confectioners' sugar, pie spice and honey; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Roll out each pie pastry directly on an ungreased baking sheet to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cat-shaped cookie cutter, leaving at least 1 in. between cutouts. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired. Beat the egg, milk and food coloring; brush over cutouts. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cutouts.
- Bake at 400° for 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Serve with pumpkin dip. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen black cats(3 cups dip).
Reviews for Black Cat Dippers with Pumpkin Pie Dip(9)
Sort By :
I had trouble with the egg wash. Besides being a mess to brush on (and to clean up), it looked more gray than black. I used a bat cookie cutter to make the dippers easier to use. Co-workers liked them.
This was quick and easy. Great hit at the company party.
simple recipe to spice up a Halloween party!
I didn't roll the crust as thin as the recipe states. I left it the thickness it was as packaged and it was perfect.
The flavor combination was perfect! Just like biting into a slice of pumpkin pie. I served it at our Halloween party and everyone who got to try it thought it was great! However, it's best to use two boxes of pie crust, as there's a lot of dip left over. This recipe is perfect to use all season long, but with different shapes.
I look forward to making this again.
The dip was yummy, but the cut-outs were too brittle. It was disappointing.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Halloween Appetizers >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >