Black Cat Cupcakes Recipe
If a black cat crosses your path, we hope it's one of these cute chocolaty creations. This time-saving recipe relies on a boxed cake mix and a can of prepared frosting jazzed up with simple cookie and candy decorations. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark chocolate frosting
- 12 Oreo cookies, quartered
- Assorted candies: M&M's, black licorice, Runts and Starburst
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, filling paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Using a star tip, frost tops of cupcakes. Insert two cookie pieces into each for ears, splitting Oreos if desired to expose filling. Decorate faces as desired with assorted candies. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 259 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Black Cat Cupcakes
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2013
"These turned out really cute!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC