Black Cat Cupcakes
If a black cat crosses your path, we hope it's one of these cute chocolaty creations. This time-saving recipe relies on a boxed cake mix and a can of prepared frosting jazzed up with simple cookie and candy decorations.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark chocolate frosting
- 12 Oreo cookies, quartered
- 48 yellow jelly beans
- 24 black jelly beans
- 24 pieces black rope licorice
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for
- cupcakes, filling paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Cool for
- 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- Frost tops of cupcakes. Insert two cookie pieces into each for ears.
- Add yellow jelly beans for eyes and a black jelly bean for nose. Cut
- each piece of licorice into thirds, then in half; place three halves
- on each side of nose for whiskers. Yield: 2 dozen.