Black Cat Cupcakes Recipe
If a black cat crosses your path, we hope it's one of these cute chocolaty creations. This time-saving recipe relies on a boxed cake mix and a can of prepared frosting jazzed up with simple cookie and candy decorations. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark chocolate frosting
- 12 Oreo cookies, quartered
- Assorted candies: M&M's, black licorice, Runts and Starburst
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, filling paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Using a star tip, frost tops of cupcakes. Insert two cookie pieces into each for ears, splitting Oreos if desired to expose filling. Decorate faces as desired with assorted candies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Black Cat Cupcakes
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2013
"These turned out really cute!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC