If a black cat crosses your path, we hope it's one of these cute chocolaty creations. This time-saving recipe relies on a boxed cake mix and a can of prepared frosting jazzed up with simple cookie and candy decorations. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 21 Recipes for Halloween Cupcakes
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark chocolate frosting
- 12 Oreo cookies, quartered
- Assorted candies: M&M's, black licorice, Runts and Starburst
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, filling paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a star tip, frost tops of cupcakes. Insert two cookie pieces into each for ears, splitting Oreos if desired to expose filling. Decorate faces as desired with assorted candies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Black Cat Cupcakes in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p39
Reviews for Black Cat Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2013
"These turned out really cute!"