If a black cat crosses your path, we hope it's one of these cute chocolaty creations. This time-saving recipe relies on a boxed cake mix and a can of prepared frosting jazzed up with simple cookie and candy decorations. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark chocolate frosting
- 12 Oreo cookies, quartered
- 48 yellow jelly beans
- 24 black jelly beans
- 24 pieces black rope licorice
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, filling paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost tops of cupcakes. Insert two cookie pieces into each for ears. Add yellow jelly beans for eyes and a black jelly bean for nose. Cut each piece of licorice into thirds, then in half; place three halves on each side of nose for whiskers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Black Cat Cupcakes in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p39
Reviews for Black Cat Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2013
"These turned out really cute!"