Black Cat Brownie Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 2 large yellow gumdrops
- 1 large green gumdrop
- 1 large black gumdrop
- 2 pieces black shoestring licorice
- 6 candy corns
- 1. Line two 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; remove parchment paper.
- 3. For cat's body, place one brownie circle on a covered board. From one side of the remaining brownie, cut a 1-in.-wide crescent-shaped slice; position tail on board. From the center of the opposite side, measure 2-3/4 in. toward the center. Make a vertical cut, forming a small half circle; cut in half and trim if desired, forming two ears. Position brownie with the flat side against the cat's body; trim sides of brownie as needed, forming the head. Add the ears.
- 4. Frost cat. Flatten yellow gumdrops. Cut two thin rounds from green gumdrop; position yellow and green gumdrops for eyes. Press black gumdrop into frosting for nose. Cut licorice into desired lengths for whiskers and a mouth; press lightly into frosting. Arrange candy corns at base of cat for toes. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece equals 299 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Black Cat Brownie
"Directions were great. It formed into the cat without any problems."