- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 2 large yellow gumdrops
- 1 large green gumdrop
- 1 large black gumdrop
- 2 pieces black shoestring licorice
- 6 candy corns
- Line two 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; remove parchment paper.
- For cat's body, place one brownie circle on a covered board. From one side of the remaining brownie, cut a 1-in.-wide crescent-shaped slice; position tail on board. From the center of the opposite side, measure 2-3/4 in. toward the center. Make a vertical cut, forming a small half circle; cut in half and trim if desired, forming two ears. Position brownie with the flat side against the cat's body; trim sides of brownie as needed, forming the head. Add the ears.
- Frost cat. Flatten yellow gumdrops. Cut two thin rounds from green gumdrop; position yellow and green gumdrops for eyes. Press black gumdrop into frosting for nose. Cut licorice into desired lengths for whiskers and a mouth; press lightly into frosting. Arrange candy corns at base of cat for toes. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Black Cat Brownie in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p33
Reviews for Black Cat Brownie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2012
"Directions were great. It formed into the cat without any problems."