Black-Bottom Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 24 cookies)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- Sweetened whipped cream and maraschino cherry, optional
- 1. Combine the gingersnap crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Spoon chocolate ice cream into crust; freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Cool. Spread half of the chocolate sauce over chocolate ice cream; freeze until set, about 1 hour.
- 3. Spoon vanilla ice cream over chocolate sauce; freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Spread remaining chocolate sauce evenly over pie; freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and a cherry if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 490 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Black-Bottom Ice Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.